The beer embodies Gail and Phil’s values to protect the water, promote soil health and biodiversity, and whole-heartedly support the community every step of the way.
“Farm Raised Beer – GoodLot is the first farm-to-barrel brewery in the Greenbelt – We make fresh, super-local, estate-quality ales and lagers using ingredients raised on our own farm”
Environmental ACCOMPLISHMENTS @ GoodLot
GoodLot is working to be a leader in SUSTAINABILITY by marrying organic farm practices with hyper-local beer production and a post-carbon, low-impact approach to business!
From Barn to Eco-Brewery:
- Will be Ontario’s (perhaps Canada’s) FIRST 100% SOLAR ELECTRIC powered brewery
- NO Fossil Fuels used in the production of beer
- Re-Use of existing structures and materials to preserve imbedded carbon investment
- Super insulated walls and attic, and airtight passive house standards
- Recycled and recyclable materials used where possible
- LED lighting installed throughout
- Procurement of all materials sourced as local as possible
Visit www.goodlot.beer to see how GoodLot is REDUCING their environmental impact.
Drawdown Solution Tie-In
#10 Rooftop Solar, #79 Net Zero Buildings, #31 Insulation, #16 Conservation Agriculture, #65 Nutrient Management, #80 Retrofitting, #44 LED Lighting, #55 Recycling